Old March 31st 04, 12:07 AM
John Ward

Hi Alan,

Here here, as they say!!

There's some Scottish pipes and drums regimental band coming to Brissie'
soon, and I'll be there, with bells on! :-)

I also heard that there's going to be some form of Edinburgh Tattoo
transported out here, and performing to commemorate some aspect of Aussie'
contribution. I'll never forget the clear, warm night we had the time I saw
it in Scotland with my parents.

Regards,
John

I feel sorry and embarrassed when blokes like Bill display such
ignorance, and lack of understanding.

Regards,
John
"Alan White" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:25:26 -0500, "Bill" wrote:

Well that's a pathetic attitude.

No it's not.

What is pathetic is to not make the effort to get out an atlas, plot
out a route and fly it. This is not only fun but also educational.

I flew the FS95(?) Learjet around the world using a 'Compact World
Atlas', a circular protractor and a lot of trial and error. On the way
I learnt about navigating using VORs and NDBs and how to fly an ILS
approach. It was fun because I was doing it myself, learning as I went
and the sense of achievement at the end was remarkable. I commend it
to others.

We are not all as gifted as you are.

It's not a question of being gifted or not. It's a question of common
sense and application.

--
Alan White
Twenty-eight miles NW of Glasgow.