Old March 31st 04, 09:09 AM
Alan White

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:13:59 GMT, "TR" wrote:

Alan could quite easily have put in his later response instead of his first
for a reply to the question.

I don't want to drag this out but the OP asked 'Can anyone point me to
a flightplan in FSNavigator for such a route?'

My first response was 'It's there by default.' which answered the
second part of his query.

So the OP not only didn't have the initiative to sort himself out but
had the answer sitting under his nose all the time but was too lazy to
look.

The post which presumably raised the hackles was my response to
quilljar in which I said 'I think it's pathetic to even ask the
question.' On reflection, the wording was insensitive, and I apologise
for that, but I stand by the sentiment.

Enlarging on my earlier post, we seem to have entered a culture in
which people will do anything other than try to help themselves.
Usenet is very useful to these people because there is always some
helpful soul who will come to their rescue. There is then no incentive
for said people to read manuals, read FAQs, read previous posts or to
experiment. In other words, no incentive to seek out answers or to
learn by experience, which is one of the most valuable ways of
achieving knowledge.

I'm now sixty-six, and that probably shows, but if my ageing brain can
cope then anyone can.

--
Alan White
Twenty-eight miles NW of Glasgow.