Old November 4th 11, 09:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tom De Moor

Default Building Airplanes...

In article ,
says...

I've been sailing now for 5 or 6 years.
Boats are fun, and the girls come along!

But I've been getting the itch to build another flying machine.

Maybe the YB-1 Stealth Biplane?
Or a WW-I sorta replica.

One more time?
Before I'm too old to cut the aluminum?

Richard Lamb

First question: do you want to build or do you want to fly?

Second question (if you want to build): do you want to earn some money
from it or is building a hobby which only consumes dollars?

If you want to make some money (being paid 5 US$ per hour for your work
is not what I call 'some money'): thousands of unfinished projects
around to be had for close to no money. Even the actual economic climat
plays in your hand.

I seem to have bought such a thing. 99% done, so 99% still to go but
most of the very expensif bits are included. Couldn't resist a 200 HP
Injected, composite, RG, pusher, 175 Kts and 4 persons -project. However
I want to fly but -hey- winter is coming.

Had my hand at sailing but couldn't stand the slowniness.

Good luck and regards,

Tom DM -and so one ends up with (now) 3 airplanes :-)