Old February 6th 19, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Inreach Mini

Paying a subscription for something I wouldn't use except in an
emergency is high on my list.

None of my other emergency gear requires me to pay for the privilege of
having it sit in a bag.Â* I can be tracked via my transponder, ADS-B, my
phone if I have location services turned on, and probably my Flarm to a
lesser degree and I don't need to send text messages via satellite while
in flight.Â* Oh yeah...Â* I've got an old flip phone that will dial 911 if
there's a cell tower within range.Â* No charge!

And before starting off on how glider pilots are cheap, I like to think
that some glider pilots simply choose to spend their money on other goodies.

On 2/6/2019 5:31 AM, Tango Eight wrote:
Has anyone found anything not to like about the Inreach Mini?

T8

--
Dan, 5J