Old February 6th 19, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Inreach Mini

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 11:08:46 AM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:
Inreach is useful in non-emergency situations when working phones are scarce. I used to arrange one retrieve last Summer, worked great. Service is $20 a month, $2 a month when suspended, in case this clears up any misconceptions about that.

***some deleted***
On 2/6/2019 5:31 AM, Tango Eight wrote:
Has anyone found anything not to like about the Inreach Mini?

@T8 - perhaps in the U.S.; here in Canada it's $44.95 plus 13% tax/month for the plan that can be suspended ($34.95/mo annual with no suspension). We have great OGN coverage that will give the Rescue Coordination Centre a good starting point. To me, not worth it here - but at half the price, maybe.
Cheers