Old June 16th 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting
Ramy

Default SPOT messenger

I had a 7 hours flight last Saturday in Nevada, during which my spot
was tracking normally, with the occasional missing transmissions here
and there. However there was a period of one hour with no track
reports. The only thing I can tell which was different from tthe rest
of the flight is that I was flying under solid overcast and OD during
this period, once I got back to the sun the tracking resumed.
Any thoughts if this was just coincidence or the clouds blocked the
transmissions?
In any case, I'f affraid that currently it is not safe to assume that
a glider will be within 10 minutes distance of the last track, can be
much longer.

Ramy

On Jun 1, 5:55*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the link to the SMAK Pak. *It looks very nice.

If pilots want a simpler option for holding theSPOTonly. *I just placed an
order to Para-Phernalia (makers of Softie parachutes) for a batch of their
"Pocket for PLB" (personal locator beacon) pouches - made to match the
dimensions of thespot. *I will stock them in the orange color (to match theSPOT) but I can also get them in colors to match your parachute. *They sell
for $50.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"sisu1a" wrote in message

On May 31, 9:28 pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I've been selling a lot ofSPOTunits and I'm very curious about the SMAK
pak from Allen Silver. Can you please send me contact information. *Does
he
have a web site?

Thank you,

Paul Remde