Old November 3rd 15, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Downloading Xcsoar maps onto Dell Streak 5?

When you connect the Streak to the PC, you'll get an alert in the top
line of the Streak. Pull down and you'll see a couple of notifications
about the USB connection. I don't remember the correct verbiage, but
select something like "Connect to USB for file transfer" and then "OK".
You should then get a popup on your PC about a removable drive. Open
Windows Explorer and select the removable drive. It should open in your
XCSoardata folder. Copy your file(s) there. Be sure to "Safely Remove"
the removable disk first and then turn off USB storage on the Streak.
If you don't do it in that order, the SD card not will be accessible to
the Streak. Or, if you have an SD card reader, remove the SD card from
the Streak, plug it into your PC, and copy your maps.

Hope that helps.

On 11/2/2015 8:25 PM, pjschae wrote:
On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 2:21:03 PM UTC-7, pjschae wrote:
I am new to Android and XCsoar. I have XCsoar loaded on the Streak and I have tried to download a map from the XCsoar site but I get the error: "Cannot Download. The content is not supported on this phone." I tried the standard map and the Altair but no luck with either. What am I missing here?

I've downloaded the maps to my pc but I can't open the streak folders to copy them to. I've downloaded a driver from dell but I'm still not getting into the streak via my pc. Do have a link for a windows pc that will get me into the streak?

--
Dan, 5J