Old April 23rd 04, 02:48 PM
Dennis Mountains

"Richard Riley" wrote in message

I've done it (with a layer of E-glass in between) on a carbon canard
for a NAV antenna and it worked fine. The same antenna worked for
marker beacon, too, but I was told the link budget for the marker is
huge.

But my understanding is that com and transponder are vertically
polarized. Jim?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info that you've actually made a NAV and marker beacon
antennas work on carbon fiber, with a layer of E-glass in between! Maybe
there's hope for this idea yet. But I don't understand what you mean by
"the link budget for the marker is huge."

Thanks,
Dennis