Old October 19th 05, 03:42 AM
Brian Whatcott

Default Collings Foundation Bombers

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:25:06 -0800, Dale wrote:

In article ,
Scott Skylane wrote:

Dale wrote:

/snip/
I know of two aircraft that were on parallel approaches and each pilot
was violated for formation flight with passengers onboard. As it turned
out after many dollars being spent, and much time it all went away.

/snip/

Just curious, Dale. Did that happen here (ANC)?

No. It was back east, involved the B-24 and a Northwest 747. It was
the 747 Captains last flight (and he also flies the B-17 and B-24), they
worked it out with approach to get the -24 and the the 74- on final at
the same time. Minneapolis-St Paul maybe...not sure.

I flew into Tulsa International weekly for a year or so, in a light
plane, solo. From Rockwall (nr Dallas, Texas)

I remember an approach hand off to tower, then an alert that another
flight would be making finals for the left runway, while I was on the
right approach. A passenger plane soon overtook me - I could see
the passengers looking out.....
But that was unpremeditated and unremarked.

Brian Whatcott