Old March 5th 04, 03:27 PM
John T

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

By what authority are you able to make such a guarantee?

Experience.

The problem is with the bureaucrats below.

It always starts at the top.

No, it doesn't. The President does not, cannot and should not be involved
in all decisions.

The President will not and should not concern himself with TFR's any
more than he would or should be concerned with the closing of roads
for his motorcade.

Why not?

That's beneath his level of concern.

That's a laugh. From what I've heard, Congress is trying to impose
further restrictions on GA.

Notice my use of "if".

I hope your entire point isn't something like: the President of the
United States of America is entirely powerless to control how his
security is managed. Are you suggesting that he so impotent that he
is a mere puppet being manipulated by bureaucrats? And here I thought
it was the GOP and his daddy who controlled him.

My point is not that the President is powerless. Rather, decisions
regarding his security are beneath his level of conern. We, as taxpayers,
pay a lot of people good money to keep him safe. Those people make the
decisions and the President, if he's even aware of them, is more often than
not well-advised to heed their suggestions. Further, those professionals
(bureaucrats) are there regardless of who the President happens to be.

Again, why should the President be concerned with a temporary restriction on
a small percentage of another small percentage (less than 0.2%) of the
general population? After all, it's only temporary and the security team
says it's a good idea.

I don't expect any President to be overly concerned with such a small
population. If he were, I suspect he wouldn't be very effective in his job.

Now, an argument can be made that emplacing these TFR's - and having to
advertise them ahead of time - actually *decreases* his security since his
position and time of arrival is made known ahead of time. If nobody knows
when he is to arrive or at what airport, the "Bad Guys" would have a harder
time getting to him, wouldn't they?

But the security folks don't listen to me any more than they appear to
listen to AOPA...

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer