Old June 4th 04, 10:42 PM
Colin

(PRG55) wrote:

I use to fly on the SF28 for a few years and would like to buy a 2
seats touring motor glider as the Dimona HK36, Grob 109 or the Taifun
E17.
I'm a bit concerned by poor soaring performances reported by
occasional flyers or good performances reported by the vendors!!
Who could report on owner soaring experience of this type of
motogliders?
Thanks a lot

I have owned a share in a G109B (the 'B' is important !) and 50% of my
flying hours are engine-off. We take it to the European Alps every
year (7 hour engine-on positioning flight each way), so there is no
doubt it soars quite well in good conditions. The best distance has
been about 270kms, oddly enough in the UK. However, most pure gliders
have a much better performance, so it is horses for courses I suppose.
One of my partners just quit and bought an ASH25.

Colin.