Old June 6th 05, 06:44 PM
ttaylor at cc.usu.edu

An Update:

Marc, Eric, Richard, Al and Janos

Thanks for the suggestions. On my last flight the system worked
flawlessly for the entire flight.

I did not do the conversion scientifically, i.e. one change at a time
so I don't have the definitive answer to what was wrong. I made
three major changes at one time so that any or all may have made the
difference.

Al let me know one of my Ipaq's may have a problem. I also noticed
that the one I was using was having trouble syncing with my desktop
computer the last few weeks. This would indicate a com port problem on
the unit.

I was not using the LXWpx string from the Colibri. I turned that on.

I upgraded WinPilot to the 6.07 version from the 5.xx version I had.
Jerry at WinPilot was very helpful as well as Richard at Craggy Aero.
A side note, I love the new GO TO feature in WinPilot 6.0. I think
this is worth the upgrade by itself.

I confirmed the autobeam infrared function was off on both of my Ipaqs.

So after changing to my second Ipaq 3760, upgrading the software and
turning on the LXWpx stream the system is rock solid stable. I even
tested it by turning off the Colibri and then back on. The WinPilot
would note the data stream was lost, but resume working as soon as the
Colibri was sending data again.

Thanks,

Tim