Old August 23rd 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Gene Seibel

Default balloon baskets

Don't forget to post on rec.aviation.balloon
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Adventures - http://pad39a.com/gene/balloons.html

amyb wrote:
Truth is i am on a prop hunt for the Alley Theatre in Houston, Texas.
We are a non-profit regional theatre and are going into production fro
our 60th anniversary season. We open with Shakespeare's Much Ado About
Nothing and it's gonna be really really big. One of the elements we
need is a hot air balloon and basket to appear onstage. It never flies,
no one ever even gets in it and it really is on for about a minute, so
we are frankly, reluctant to buy such a costly item that will likely
never be used outside of it's one minute onstage. Anyone know of anyone
who's got a 1-2 person basket in the Houston area who'd like to trade
for tickets or possibly get program acknowledgement? We are also not
against renting rather than borrowing or trading. Again, it never
flies, it doesn't even have be "real"...at one point we wre looking for
basket weavers to weave us a giant basket and we would then make it
look real. Or if there is a place where these baskets go to retire
after their flying life is done thatw e could purchase one for little
money...any guidance would be most appreciated. I sure could use the
help. Thanks all---amyb.