Old April 26th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default BGA Instructor Requirements

On Apr 26, 6:59 am, 126Driver wrote:
The three levels of instructor is interesting and makes sense.
Another difference seems to be orientation in that there is some
expectation that the student may fly cross country some day. I don't
think this is part of USA instruction. I would also guess 80% of the
US instructors have no official cross counry credentials like the
Silver C. But again, this is probably not a problem as you can gain
the knowledge to teach cross country skills by reading the texts on
the topic.

thanks,

with the book knowledge you can teach the theory of speed to fly etc.
Im a firm believer in teaching by doing when it comes to XC though.