Old December 15th 18, 10:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Oliver[_2_]

Default Air glide Vario family versus S100 LXNAV - Comments on Winds and Performance?

I had the butterfly in my '20. I remember a couple of years ago flying
late evening returning north from Vinon to St Auban in the Alps with
the butterfly showing a brisk north wind. I switched to St Auban
frequency and was surprised to hear them announcing landing to the
south. I was around 2000 metres. As I descended i hit a slightly
'bumpy' layer and within about 50 metres the wind indication switched
180 degrees.

I also found the butterfly wind indication very reliable when flying
ridges and could guarantee to get onto the ridge best into the local
wind.

At 07:42 15 December 2018, krasw wrote:
I've installed Air Glide ISU to two different gliders with no problems at
all. Just follow the manual.