Old June 27th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cherokee 6 manual/info?

In a previous article, john smith said:
Another thing to be careful with on Pipers

The top latch can have excessive vertical play.
It is possible for the top latch (on the door) to ride up over the top
of the catch (on the fuselage). After you takeoff, the top of the door
will pop out. The main latch on the side will hold, but it will be a
noisy, windy ride. Do not attempt to close in flight. Land, pull off

4 of our 5 club planes have a grab strap thing near the top of the door to
grab to help you pull the door in tight while closing the top latch, but I
just realized our Lance doesn't have one. I've re-closed Warrior and
Archer doors in flight, but with the higher speed and lack of a strap, I
can see why you couldn't do it on the Lance or 6.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I never really understood how there could be things that would drive you