Old November 5th 04, 06:03 PM
Maule Driver

I too have done it in an LS6 - We just lined it up and went - powerful
towplane helps.

But we used to practice it in a 2-22. There was a very specific technique
and it was not self-evident. As I recall, the upwind wing was down but the
nose pointed downwind (!). This allowed for weathervaning which would
effect the a/c before the controls became effective. It worked pretty well.
Of course, the 2-22 sits on it's nose rather than it's tail.

So why would you point an unguided rocket downwind in order to have it reach
apogee directly over the launcher?

"Jerz Rossignol" wrote in message
m...
Hi Guys,

I'm curious if any of you guys have ever tried to self launch with no
wing man on a cg hook only glider. I have skids on my wingtips as
well. Would you put the wing that's on the ground further forward at
start? What's the technique!!
I think this is why having a cg hook is a disadvantage.

Regards,

Jerz