Old April 5th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Default How much longer?

Jay,

This is an interesting phenomenon.

Isn't it?

I'm not so sure, however, that even you aren't part of the phenomenon -
no offense meant or implied, just making a non-judgmental observation.
After all, how many of those 235 horses your Dakota (?) has do you
really need? Wouldn't an Archer do 99 percent of your missions? And
with a much lower fuel bill?

How many US pilots are there complaining about all the fuel their Bo or
210 or even 182 uses? Well, I got news: Those are BIG airplanes with
BIG engines.

I live in the land of 13 USD per gallon Avgas - and I KNOW I could not
feed 550 or even 520 cubic inches. That's why I fly a Tobago at 115
knots and not a Trinidad at 150. And that's why I am in a 4-person
partnership. Single ownership in Germany? Forget it!

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)