Old May 9th 15, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IOIO board for SN10 to Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The device you're getting the source data from isn't really relevant as long as you can figure out what pins the TX, RX and Gnd (and maybe +5v if you want to draw power off of the SN10) are on. Pipe those into an RS232 to logic level converter and then into the IOIO and you're good to go. I used the IOIO OTG board and the MAX 3232 breakout board (both from Sparkfun.com). I'm pulling GPS, wind, MacCready and bugs from a 302 into IOIO UART 0 (pins 3, 4) and FLARM traffic data into IOIO UART 1 (pins 5, 6). The 3232 board can handle two TX/RX pairs so it works beautifully.

Robert

On Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 7:57:18 AM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:
I'm looking to build this integration and put my miserably outdated Oudie out of its misery. Of course I am looking to run XC Soar or Top Hat on the Galaxy Note 4.

Has anyone built this specific IOIO board to date? If so please send me any lessons that you may have learned along the way.

I am ordering parts this weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Sean