Old May 16th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Default Avgas availability

Matt Barrow wrote:

BTW, regarding that 2 million bbls/day of expanded capacity (we use, what,
10 million a day?), two studies several years ago (late 70's early 80s')
calculated we could save over 10% annually on gas usage by merely
coordinating traffic signals better. Of course, that would mean localities
would possibly have to give up $$billions in reveune from fines. It also
means that those self-same localities would have to get off their asses and
do the work of setting them correctly. Fat chance: the built-in congestion
is now FAR worse, with traffic cams and the like. NO, it's so much easier to
pontificate "Public Service" BS like "share a ride", "ride your bike"...
It's nice to have the advertising budget, too.

I am on a commuter bus for 35 miles one way. Very convienent. My company
pays one half the cost. With gas at $2.97 this week, that is very nice.
--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP