Old November 16th 03, 11:00 AM
- Barnyard BOb -

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:03:25 GMT, Jerry Springer
wrote:

Great job Ron, thanks.
Could you tell me where to find the information on the RV-3 midair?

Jerry

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm surprised it's just ONE.

I could report several near misses a week.
Even on short finals of 500 feet, too many
doods take off directly in front of me.
The answer is ALWAYS the same.
Sorry, I just didn't SEE you.

The last really frightening near miss was with a T-6
at 4500 feet. I was westbound. The T-6, going east.
Yes, he could have been climbing through 4500, but
when I made a 180 and overtook him......
Yep, still sitting at 4500 feet and totally oblivious to me
now safely off his left wing. He and his passenger were
having a grand time just yucking it up from what could
be observed as total indifference to air traffic and the
VFR altitude scheme.

At 5500 feet or more, the sky has been relatively
event free over the last three years and 500 hours.
So, that's where I can be found on flights even as
short as 40 miles.... and I try to stay in the hangar for
less than 50 miles. A 50 mile flight is usually around
20 minutes on the tach.

I suspect a WHITE RV3 can be equated as just another
invisible motorcycle...
even though strobes flash anytime the engine is running.
Perhaps, a set of H.I.D. headlights flashing high beams
are the ticket. However, they won't help when the other
guy has his head buried in the cockpit... or up his arse.

Barnyard BOb -- super swivel head