Old January 6th 17, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Glider Maintenance - Fuselage Rotisserie

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 8:48:47 AM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
After years of wandering around northern NJ temporarily occupying the workshops and garages of club members who were kind (or stupid) enough to loan out space, Aero Club Albatross (ACA) finally has a shop of our own at Blairstown airport. As the Refinisher in Chief, I'm building out the infrastructure bit by bit to make sure we are well equipped for future projects. I'm looking for good examples of fuselage fixtures, especially ones that allow for the whole fuselage to be rotated at least 90 degrees either way from vertical.

So, does anyone have examples of a fuselage rotisserie with some photos you can share? We already have a cradle/sling as well as solid stands. We also have used a hoist from the ceiling in the past. Each of these presents some challenges when painting, so we're looking to start fresh. Any pics, sketches, or ideas would be appreciated. We have world class fabricators and machinists in our club, so we can go top tier - no 2x4s and bungee cords. You can email me at erik dot h dot mann @ gmail dot com

Erik Mann (P3)

HP-24 project photo pages; 18 May 2014 - plywood octogon. https://www.facebook.com/20093135495...549952/?type=3

Feb 26/2015 - Great and Terrible Infinigon. https://www.facebook.com/20093135495...type=3&theater

Always a great browse.