Old July 9th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default homebuilt glider question

I would agree with Doug, the Woodstock is an excellent choice. A
partially completed Woodstock project was recently on Ebay with plans
but didn't sell. The link still works and you might still be able to
buy it if you contact the seller. Try this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Woods...QQcmdZViewItem

I've had a blast flying the Woodstock built by Bob Wander. Photos and
some flight reports can be seen at this link:

http://members.aol.com/woodglider/matt.htm

Good luck!

Matt Michael

The Maupin/Culver WoodStock (plans built only) would be perhaps
perfect. Problem is the Maupin family no longer offers the plans. Jim
Maupin and Irv Culver are no longer alive. I believe the family was
scared away from providing any of Jim and Irv's plans due to one person
raising a stink about problems he had with a (different) Maupin/Culver
design. However, if you search hard you may be able to find someone
with plans they would sell. By all accounts it is a great little
glider and can easily handle the towplanes.

Regards,

-Doug