Old July 9th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
snoop

Default homebuilt glider question

There is a real nice Woodstock for sale, by a member of the Texas
Soaring Association. I believe it is listed in the Classifieds, in
Soaring magazine. I've flown this glider, and was impressed with its
performance, looks, and comfort. Here is the ad. Lots of pix.

GuysWoodstock, 1st flight 9/2000, 58 hrs TT, glass pilot said if flies like a small glass ship, does fly & handle like a Russia at a fraction of the cost. Custom open trailer, sports canopy, wing & tail dolly, stored in garage. $4,500. Drexel 972-296-5380. TX

Website: Posted: 6/8/2006.

I defer to the knowledge of regular glider flyers in this matter.
my son is involved in gliding I am involved in powered homebuilding.

is there a wooden glider design or perhaps tube and fabric design that
has reasonable performance, that plans are available for, and can
handle the speeds of being towed aloft behind a pawnee.

the design must be something that a beginner soloing in a puchatec
could handle.

any designs that come to mind or am I wasting time considering this
avenue?

I have in mind the old australian design the "kookaburra" but I dont
know if plans are available.
Stealth Pilot
Australia