Old July 9th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mal[_1_]

Default homebuilt glider question

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message

Guys
I defer to the knowledge of regular glider flyers in this matter.
my son is involved in gliding I am involved in powered homebuilding.

is there a wooden glider design or perhaps tube and fabric design that
has reasonable performance, that plans are available for, and can
handle the speeds of being towed aloft behind a pawnee.

the design must be something that a beginner soloing in a puchatec
could handle.

any designs that come to mind or am I wasting time considering this
avenue?

I have in mind the old australian design the "kookaburra" but I dont
know if plans are available.
Stealth Pilot
Australia

Stealth I have flown the Kookaburra its a two seater.

There is a KA6CR for sale its wood and fabric for $9.000

Have to go to work I will post later.

Mal

www.mals.net