Old July 10th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stealth Pilot

Default homebuilt glider question

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:39:56 GMT, "Mal" wrote:

http://www.gfa.org.au/museum/downloa...erBackPage.pdf

http://www.aus-soaring.on.net/absaght.htm

http://www.aus-soaring.on.net/glidin.../narrative.htm

the boomerang is probably the design I'm thinking of. it was a single
seater with a glorious spruce smell ...which strikes me as odd now
since spruce has no smell :-)

an item in the first reference bought back memories. back in the 70's
the bunn brothers of albury had a hutter 17. as I recall it had a Vne
5 knots slower than the stall speed of the tug plane but it seemed to
handle the overspeed on tow well.
as I recall it is the only aircraft I have ever felt strongly
claustrophobic in. never got to fly it though.

interesting food for thought.
Stealth Pilot