Old January 17th 10, 09:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
thund3rstruck

Default Britain Between the Wars - Armstrong Whitworth Whitley 03.jpg(1/1)

Mitchell Holman wrote:
thund3rstruck thund3rstruck_n0i@live wrote in news:ef11$4b53589c$4831f053
:

Peter Twydell wrote:
In message , Mitchell
Holman writes

[ A UUEncoded file (Armstrong Whitworth Whitley 03.jpg) was included
here. ]

The nose markings indicate this is or was an operational bomber, in the
war rather than before it. Can't read the serial number, so no further
details from me.

Nice photo, all the same, as are the others. Thanks!

No idea when this design flew, but could it have been used in the
Spanish Civil War? I know several countries helped one side or the other
before WWII...

The Germans and Italians fielded air units in the
Spanish Civil War, but I don't think the British did.

Thanks. I'm very lacking in that part of History.

n0i