Old January 22nd 10, 03:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto Indrek Aavisto is offline
Banned

Default Britain Between the Wars, pt 4 - 004 Index.jpg (1/1)

HP Mitchell Holman added these comments in the current discussion du
HP jour ...

Attachment decoded: 004 Index.jpg
`

HP Nice series you've been posting, Mitchell. Please refresh my memory,
HP what was the name of the bi-wing torpedo bomber the Brits used to
HP sink the Bismarck? Don't think I've seen it in any or yours but I
HP may
HP have missed it.

HP Thanks and have a nice Friday.

Fairey Swordfish, AKA "Stringbag" torpedoed the Bismark, causing damage to
the rudder. Consequently the ship was unable to escape from the British
fleet. There is some controversy about whether the crew scuttled the ship,
or whether it was sunk under the weight of shells and torpedoes launched by
the fleet.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill