Old May 21st 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
pgbnh

Default Question about TRSA - KPSP

Wow. I am feeling really dumb. I thought that all the TRSA's went away and
became either ARSA's or nothing when the airspace was reclassified many
years ago.
wrote in message
The other day I was flying to KPSP (Palm Springs, CA, Class D) which
is in a TRSA which I was not participating in. I was about 10 miles
out and called tower to get setup for landing and they told me to
contact approach. I switch to approach and told them I wanted to land
and the controller started freaking out on me saying I should have
called him a long time ago, etc..... I was then sequenced to land and
all was fine.... My question is that since TRSA is voluntary why did
the tower switch me to Approach. I flyout out of another Class D
airport and everything is handled with the tower. I thought I was
doint things correctly... Thanks for your help.