Old December 26th 05, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Landing Check Lists

Barney wrote:
On 26 Dec 2005 19:01:13 GMT, Nyal Williams
wrote:

I wonder how many different landing checklists are in use. If the list
you use is not USTALL, (Undercarriage, Speed, Trim, Airbrakes, Look out
for Traffic, Land), please post here and label the items.

FUSTALL
Flaps
Undercarriage
Speed
TRim
Airbrakes
Look
Land.

WUFSTALL
Water
Undercarriage
Flaps
Speed
Trim
Airbrakes
Look (traffic obstructions wind)
Land

What I wonder is *when* people run through their checklist. I do mine
before the IP so I have at least the time in the pattern to sort out any
problems (e.g. airbrake malfunction, wind direction different on ground
vs pattern altitude).
I've heard of some folks doing their list on downwind. Too late for my
comfort.

Shawn