Old February 10th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Air Force One Had to Intercept Some Inadvertent Flyers / How?

I'm picturing a gigantic bullhorn, but even more pressing to me is can the F-15 fly slow enough to "direct" this smaller plane?

There are established intercept procedures for GA aircraft. IIRC the
jet would pull alongside the interceptee and try to contact on 121.5 or
use hand signals.

My guess is the stall speed for an F-15 is probably close to the
Skipper's cruise speed, but F-16s have been used to intercept slow
flying GA planes so I figure it shouldn't be too hard for the F-15.