Old July 30th 12, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default Hello? Any oldtimers around?

On Jul 25, 4:20*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

I'm afraid not. It was the kiddies that drove people out of the group, and I'm
not a kid.

You haven't changed one bit in that decade. Herein lies your problem,
Mxsmanic. You claim to know a lot about aviation and flying, but your
knowlege is either 1.) Wrong (which you won't admit to), or, 2.)
Biased upon an artificial world of a simulator because you have never
flown a real airplane. Therefore, any "rational discussion" as you
like to put it, is practically invalid because you haven't used it in
the real world of actually flying airplanes. You may claim that it
does not matter, as you have in the past, but it matters a whole lot.

I often get this at work. My main career is that of an aircraft
structures and sheetmetal mechanic, A&P. I did really well in A&P
school not too long ago (3.8 GPA, I think) so I have a lot of "book
knowlege" when I go to work. But, within an hour of receiving a new
job I've never done before, or working with a non-A&P with lots of
experience and really good at his job, I realize my book knowlege
really means very, very little in the "real world."

Happy Flying!

Ricky
CFII, Multi, Balloon, A&P
Soon, I hope! ATP, Ultralight, Glider, Gas Balloon, IA