Old June 21st 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ken S. Tucker

Default Future of Electronics In Aviation

On Jun 21, 12:01 am, More_Flaps wrote:
On Jun 21, 3:43 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

On Jun 20, 7:07 pm, More_Flaps wrote:

On Jun 20, 5:52 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

Where Electro-Mechanical control of air is concerned,
we've all used a potentiometer to change the volume of
our speaker system...for about 100 years.
You may regard a speaker as an exceptionally finely
controlled servo/solenoid and is pretty damn reliable
and cheap.

A normal speaker is certainly NOT a servo system.
Get the basic ideas straight and you may begin to understnd the
problem.

Cheers

See solenoid + electromagnetic speaker, yawn
It's simple for me.
Ken- Hide quoted text -

Look up servo and try to undersrand that it is closed loop, a
solenoid/speakers is not. Now do you understand?
Simple for you -oh yeh! LOL
Cheers

Thanks Flaps.
I've designed, tested and built servos, complete
with the appropriate feedback damping, ugh.
I did one servo that worked great except for one
f**king thing, it was tuned to the local AM radio
station at some setting.
Funny, I'm in the lab, and I hear a radio playing,
the darn servo needle was going to the beat of
the music, a few caps solved that.
Ken