Old April 19th 19, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Taurus glider for sale

On Friday, April 19, 2019 at 7:10:14 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I bought a G-103 that had been in a hangar fire in Georgia, Peach State Club. We needed a left wing and the photos showed what looked like a useable left wing on a fuselage with canopies that had been hot enough to melt the canopies. Both canopied draped down like a tarp, but it was the new shape of the plexiglass! The outer skin of the left wing top was blistered and had to be replaced, but the spar caps were undamaged. I figured the wing hadn’t been in 350 degree environment long enough to affect the more dense spar cap. We proof-loaded the wing and it took 5.3 G’s with flying colors! That was some 25 years ago and that ship is still flying today!
Just a little data point about how much heat a fiberglass structure can take,
JJ

I remember seeing those Peach State gliders tied down at Williamson after the fire.
Have also flown an ASH25Mi that was previously an ASH25M and involved in an engine compartment fire. The factory replaced the fuselage, worked on the wings, got it flying as good as ever.
Jim