Old May 5th 19, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Implausible Time Records

Yes, it was from the vario which just started acting up.Â* The ClearNav
II display's USB stick did not have the flight.Â* I may have neglected to
download that.

Lately I've been getting a boatload of GPS drop outs.Â* Maybe that's
because I'm close to the source of the interference testing or maybe
it's because I've cut my antennae cables to length in my cockpit.Â* I now
seem to recall reading that one should not shorten the cables. I know
about reflections due to wavelength/transmission line length, but I was
unaware that that would affect reception.Â* Do I need to acquire new
antennae?Â* The antenna that came with my PF portable was 10 meters
long!Â* Who needs a big bundle of cable under the panel?

On 5/5/2019 9:49 AM, JS wrote:
On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 8:38:57 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
For my last three flights I've been getting a message from OLC warning
of implausible time records in the igc file.Â* Does anyone know what this
means and what I might do to correct the problem? I've asked the
question on the ClearNav forum but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Here's a link to the file if that helps:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/erm01jilim...8Q-01.IGC?dl=0
--
Dan, 5J

Noticed it was from the vario. I'll use a vario file today and see...
Jim

--
Dan, 5J