Old May 7th 19, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Implausible Time Records

On Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 4:30:05 AM UTC-4, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
... I have seen similar time sequence errors in other recorders over the years...

IIRC I've seen this from a number of GPS engines;
certainly I've got some Garmin engine logs like this.
The problem is naive software that doesn't filter
'obviously' wrong stuff from the GPS engine, including
time going backwards and stupendous position jumps.
Some nice example traces here momentarily detour
from Montana into the North Atlantic for example...

None of my collected examples were (to my best
understanding) related to jamming.

Its important not to trust too much the inputs ;-)

See ya, Dave