Old May 21st 19, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Contest Class Development for Future Success - The Case fordeveloping the Handicapped Classes

To improve the US performance we need to:
1. Provide as many opportunities for US pilots to race as possible under conditions that will match what they will see in the Worlds.

2. Allow pilots to race under the rules they will use at the worlds.

3. Focus the limited resources on a few classes until we improve the results.

This is why I believe we should have multiple national level contests for each class each year. This can be done without holding more total contests by holding combined class contests in the east/west/central regions.

Sports class should be limited to regional contests and club class should be expanded to allow all gliders in a reasonable range to compete.

The rules need to be changed to match the FAI rules so we are learning the correct game.