Old March 22nd 04, 07:23 PM
Kirk Stant

Ian Molesworth wrote in message ...
I find it quite surprising that quite a few people posting to the MCU forum
are passing comments about dropping WinPilot in favour of MCU. From what I
gather these people already own a very capable moving map and final glide
calculation package in WinPilot and most will have laid out some
considerable amount of green for the program. Why is Mobile SeeYou proving
to be such a drawcard? The integration with SeeYou although convenient is
not that much of a benefit.

Well, I tried both the Winpilot and GN2 demos for a while (before
committing to my SN-10) and wasn't particularly impressed with either
one (on an Ipaq 3790) - GN2 was a bit too basic; and I absolutely
hated the Winpilot interface, found the WP maps hard to read, and
couldn't get rid of displays I didn't want (the goofy final glide
chevron thing - which unfortunatly mCU has copied!). And since I
still have reservations about current color displays in the hot and
bright AZ sunshine, I passed. I have been experimenting with mCU, and
like it a lot so far- maps are nice - much better than WP, and the
display can be dicluttered to give only the info I want on my map.
But I still don't like the current ipaq displays, and mCU still needs
some cooking/development/debugging time, so I'm waiting and playing
with the demos. But it is showing definite signs of being a real
winner!

Kirk