Old January 29th 04, 10:49 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Kyler Laird" wrote in message
(Ben Jackson) writes:

It's amazing to watch all these people turn against AirNav.

I'm not against it, it's just a far less valuable resource when the
data is being filtered by who pays to be listed. I don't want to know
just which FBOs and restaurants paid the protection money, I want to
know them all.

Yup, that's a good summary of my feelings.

I'm also reluctant to put much effort into maintaining a proprietary
resource. I think Airnav comments are very valuable and I've entered
my share, but I don't like the idea of putting my effort into a
database I don't control. (That goes for $100 Hamburger, Aeroplanner,
AOPA, ... too.)

I firmly believe that a public database to which everyone can
contribute and from which everyone can draw is the answer. I'm quite
willing to host a version of it.

Anyone know if the basic FBO info that Airnav uses is public in some
form? I haven't noticed it in the ATA-100 data.

Hey folks! It's a free market.

Build your own web site and do it YOUR way. Hell, there's a lot of web
development types in here already.