Old September 18th 03, 03:39 PM
Russell Kent

Marco Leon wrote:

The manuevering speed on my Warrior is 111 kts which translates to about 128
mph. Theoretically, as long as there's no foreign object damage and the
winds are below that number, it should do fine in a secure tiedown. Someone
comment if they think I am wrong in my assumption (won't be the first time).
I'm in NY and we're anticipating on 50 mph winds though.

I believe the manuevering speed is predicated on the assumption that the
relative wind is coming from within a few degrees of straight ahead. I don't
think a 128 MPH 90 degree crosswind would be "fine in a secure tiedown."

Russell Kent