Old April 14th 04, 04:27 PM
Richard Kaplan

"Wyatt Emmerich" wrote in message

I had a my two-year transponder/static system check while visiting my

mother
in San Antonio. When I departed, I noticed the airspeed didn't come up

like

Debris in your pitot system could cause inaccuracy of the airspeed
indicator, as could a leak in the system.

While your airspeed indicator could be malfunctioning, it is more likely to
be a problem with the pitot system.

Are the VSI or altimeter also affected? If so, the problem could be the
static system. Do you have an alternate static source on your airplane
which you could try?

Airspeed indicators are not generally replaced unless they fail; often 40+
year old airplanes still have their original airspeed indicator.

Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com