Old May 1st 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.restoration

Default Engines / undercarriage assemblies / Trawfynnydd (N Wales) Friday 28th April

Hi Richard
Sorry about not giving more info earlier - wife rushing me !!!

I didn't take any pics as I hadn't got my camera with me.
I imagine the truck was 8' wide and the stillages were within the width
of the truck. The wing centres were probably about 8-9' above the deck
of the lorry so were not large. The engines certainly weren't anything
like the size of the P&Ws in the DC series (pic-linked), and the props
were two bladed (I think) and were probably no more than 7' or 8' in
diameter / length.

It was fascinating to think of this piece of history sat in a layby -
unattended !! I would have asked the lorry driver had he been there !!

Thanks again.
Phil