Old April 29th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Shortest distance flown by wood?? :D

Hi Tony,

Go get 'em! Congratulations on another successful cross-country soaring
flight.

I hesitate to do the next joke, because I don't want to discourage you or
make fun of your great fun and learning flights, but I just can't resist -
and I do consider you a friend...

Just to clarify - to get the Silver distance, you need to get the 50
kilometers all in a single flight...

I really do enjoy hearing about your flights and I do respect your
accomplishments. Even the very best pilots have short flights on occasion.
I know I've landed out on days when others have gone much farther.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

wrote in message
oups.com...
Made it a whopping 16.5 nautical miles (30.5 kilometers) downwind from
the airport today. had a great landout in the perfect spot as heavy
rains last week made most of the plowed fields quagmire. put it in
some grass endrows at the crest of a hill. the field was
(surprisingly) dry, must have good drainage. we were actually able to
drive through it. Dont worry, no spring tilling or planting had been
done, no crops were injured in the production of this flight.