Old April 30th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Shortest distance flown by wood?? :D

i would support a "variable" silver badge distance requirement based
on glide ratio. as said above, one thermal will get you 50 Km in a
good glider. In my glider, One thermal got me about 30 Km. Perhaps
there could be a calibration to your actual distance flown based on
glide ratio, similar to the 1% rule.

and Ray, I will definitely post all my flights here. I certainly have
fun flying them, and landing out, and telling you all about it!