Old January 18th 12, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

Default Manual

On Jan 17, 7:05*pm, "kirk.stant" wrote:
On Jan 17, 3:56*pm, jcarlyle wrote:

On Jan 17, 4:40 pm, bish wrote:

Hi
I have to bring the owner manual when I fly my LS 6.
I have a copy on a memory key. Is it *acceptable?
Regards
S6

I don't know for certain, but I'd guess that the FAA would say if you
can't read it on the spot, anywhere, anytime, it isn't acceptable. I
printed my LS8 manual out double sided with 4 pages on each surface of
a 8.5 by 11 sheet, and I carry that. It's a bit small, but very
readable. I also carry a PDF copy of the manual on my iPhone. Good
luck!

-John

I took my manual to a Kinkos and had them reduce copy it at about 1/4
size, then laminated the front and back covers, and spiral bound the
little thing. *Now small enough to stick anywhere in the cockpit, and
still fully usable.

It's lasted over 10 years stuck in the pouch that comes with the
LS6...

Kirk
66

You know that in the US the manual is not required to be on board if
the limitations are properly marked via placards and decals.

XF