Old June 23rd 14, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

Default Shipping a glider from western US to Europe

On Sunday, June 22, 2014 11:30:06 PM UTC-4, ES wrote:
Not far off OT. The Swiss Franc is quite strong, so the buyer I have has a wee bit more flexibility wrt shipping costs. We're just trying to unnertand the mechanics.

1) Have inspection done that meets whatever the new jurisdiction requires for an imported aircraft
2) Deregister aircraft in US
3) Talk to logistics company
4) Tie down trailer in container when logistics company arrives. They will pick up anywhere.

2C