Old April 1st 19, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael N.

Default Buying LS3a or ASW20a? ~$25k cross country glider. Which one and why?

On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 9:04:06 PM UTC-6, Michael N. wrote:
I'm looking for a glider for cross country in the $25k range.

Thanks, I guess at this point I am looking for "best bang for the buck" in the current marketplace. Including finish and instruments and trailer.

I really cannot go much higher than $25k so I am looking for a complete package (good finish, trialer, instrumentation package) for cross country.
I do want a flapped ship, as again I have lots of hours in complex aircraft, and I want the ability to get into short fields on landing out if I have too.

I am reconsidering now the Ventus B, also the DG202, as well as the previously mentioned LS3 or LS3a, and ASW20 (a,b, or c)

In my price range I do see an ASW20a and a Ventus B (maybe) without winglets. So I am also trying to see if winglets are still available for the 20 or Ventus.

Thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming.
Mike