Old April 1st 19, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Buying LS3a or ASW20a? ~$25k cross country glider. Which one and why?

On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 8:20:28 AM UTC-7, Michael N. wrote:
On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 9:04:06 PM UTC-6, Michael N. wrote:
I'm looking for a glider for cross country in the $25k range.

Thanks, I guess at this point I am looking for "best bang for the buck" in the current marketplace. Including finish and instruments and trailer.

I really cannot go much higher than $25k so I am looking for a complete package (good finish, trialer, instrumentation package) for cross country.
I do want a flapped ship, as again I have lots of hours in complex aircraft, and I want the ability to get into short fields on landing out if I have too.

I am reconsidering now the Ventus B, also the DG202, as well as the previously mentioned LS3 or LS3a, and ASW20 (a,b, or c)

In my price range I do see an ASW20a and a Ventus B (maybe) without winglets. So I am also trying to see if winglets are still available for the 20 or Ventus.

Thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming.
Mike

Mosquito should be another candidate.
You may find that for $25k you'll end up with something other than those two choices. But if you insist, the LS could be the best of the two for that price.
If you want "ready to fly", perhaps look at the overall condition of the glider and trailer before performance. That would include paperwork.
Jim