Old April 15th 04, 04:35 AM
John Ward

Hi Doc Tony,

Why would it want to be installing itself in a FS2000 directory? One of
life's little tantalising mysteries, perhaps?

Anyway, Katy Pluta or Derek Wildstar might be able to step in here -
they're both brilliant Ms MVPs, and incredibly helpful, and have tons of
"nouse".

If Katy helps you out, just make sure you have your tie straightened and
hair neatly combed, and if Derek does, ask him if he's got a spare Flightsim
chair he'd be willing to send you, for the right price. :-)

I'm not forgetting Jupiter Jones, but Katy and Derek seem to monitor
these groups the most.

Of course, that's not to mention all the others here on these n/gs, who
always come up with a solution eventually to any reasonable question! e.g.
Peter Duniho nailing your SATA problem.

BTW, when's SATA 2 expected to hit the bricks (with Mobos to match, of
course). Can't be far away now?

What are some of the other old "classics" you like to fly, that don't
work on later versions of the Sim', or haven't been updated yet? I had a
great find recently when I found a Martin-Baker M.B.5 WWII fighter, for
CFS2, that actually works, with a bit of tweaking, in FS9.

Regards,
John

Regards,
John
"Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo" wrote in message
Stop it! YOU elected to click on, yes? ;-)
Think of it as a flight .... of sorts .... but then, you never quite
know what the theme is...

OK...straight sim stuff this time around....how about some takers on
this current mystery: Naturally, '04 [AKA FS9] is doing its thing and
FS2K2 likewise but I rarely dump the older sims because there are
certain planes [sim community rendered...naturally!] I still like to fly
on the older sim engines...so to speak. Case(s) in point : For FS98, the
Chaffin-Rambow-Visser masterpiece [*not to mention the then future
planes/panels that followed for the FS series !] for that time frame
[*in my view anyway and so stated] -- the DC-3 R4D and yet another
masterpiece for FS2K, Paul Golding's MD80 [This all in one
DL...panel/plane/sounds is dazzling and I'll wager various of the long
time simmers already have it...if not....pgmd80.FS2K.pnl.v2a.zip at
Flightsim.com, Avsim, etc. Well worth the DL! Caution: Paul is a purist!
Forget the Control E thing. Manual engine start ONLY...by the
numbers...or you don't fly! Dunno! That's Paul for you!

Anyway, I'm loading up good ol' FS98 on the now SATA drive [with a BIG
tip o' the wing to Pete D. for the great info!] and of course the patch
for same but when the sim appears the panel is about a third of the size
it should be! Why? Dunno! This happens in any screen resolution or sim
mode view [docked or full screen mode] and I tried 2 re-installs of the
sim...same deal! Other sims are fine but '98 won't cooperate! The panel
[of any plane including stock stuff] appears but it's a third of the
normal size yet the runway [either mode] remains normal! This has me
stymied! Possible clue-- even when taken out completely and a
re-installation attempted it wants to install itself in
'Programs/Microsoft Games/FS2000 !!!???

Anyone for a cure or Dx as to what's happening with the sudden shrunken
plane panels?

Doc Tony

[from afar....]

Greasy: "Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!"

Al "D". : [to Greasy...extends fist, vertical, pinky down...] "Hey
G-man, see that?"

Greasy: [goes for it...instinct some would muse...] 'RAP!' ... to the
fist...self-inflicted head bonk follows forthwith....

;-)

Switching...so, any hunches on the FS98 sort-of end of flick
'Beatlejuice' [remember the head thing? Ahhhh, forget it....] mystery?

What's that? Ohhhh, what harm! I write satire, OK?

[but then...]

Greasy: [nasty like...] "Yeah sure...and I'm the friggin' King of the
Siam!"

BoB [sic]: "Not quite Mr. G ...there is no Siam...if you wish to get
geographically technical about it!"

Greasy: "Sez you! This Doc Tony guy is ...ehhh....he's makin' it up!
Anyone can make grand claims [*as Greasy does !] ....I want proof!"

Sure! Look here and observe the decent company I'm in. Satisfied?
Click 'Authors' ... Go to the 'L' .... Enjoy!

http://www.mencken.org/files/text/me..._1962_1999.htm

[post the above 'flight' ..as it were...]

Greasy: "Yo, S-bird [!!!], like what do you know about .... [refers to
his notes...] ...ehhh....'Seppuku', man?"

S-bird: "Sepp-u-WHO?"

;-)

And the finale! As Bro' Al D. pulls a line from one of his old still
retained 331/3 RPM vinyl's fer cryin' out loud! To wit, 'JC, Superstar'
and bellows to the RAS assembled a la you-know-who in that Webber [UK]
musical way back when about yours truly, "I DON'T KNOW HIM!"

Note to Dean B. ! [Lurks RAS when time permits!] Hey, the CD idea for CP
mag was a great move but, alas, I see that the 'show' by Doc and friend
is [unfortunately] going by the boards for, I suppose, want of requisite
sheckles...but I wanted to see YOU at interview! Although I thought
you-know-who [AKA the 'father of CP', initials "RF" ] did a good
job...the PCAv LA and NY scenery plug notwithstanding! ;-)

[and more!]

John Ward: "That has to be Doc referring to Bob Ferraro!"

Greasy: "He said the initials were 'RF', not 'BF', Mr. Ward! Wake up!"

John: GROAN "Ohhhh ferrrr..... ."

Don P. : "John...hey....with the G-man, not to fret.....I mean, hey,
consider the source!"

Pete D. "Or 'sauce' ..... !"

;-)