Old January 22nd 04, 08:42 PM
Jay Honeck

You don't want any signs pointing the way to bagels, as noted in today's
Wall Street Journal (Jan 22, 2004). You could get arrested for having such
signs,

We've already got laws like that on the books, here in the "Republik of Iowa
City".

It seems the "green" folks don't want big signs visible anywhere, because it
would mar the view. (Of what, no one will say.) Because of this law, we
were not allowed to put up a "Grand Opening" banner when we opened in August
of 2002.

I am not kidding.

And people wonder why China is kicking our ass in the business world.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA